Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 25 August 2011

{Quotable Thursdays}

I have a little quote book I read every night before bed (given to me by my darling sister, Christina). This was the quote for Tues, Aug 23:


Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things, in which smiles, and kindnesses, and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort.

--Sir Humphrey Davy, Victorian scientist (1778-1829)

{Remember to smile & laugh. (vogue italia via lou boos and shoes)}
{from the thinking tank}

{& remember to stop & smell the flowers. photo frida-vl}
& the people who make me smile & laugh the most? my family. My nieces & nephews who remind me what are the most important things in life (the simple things) & my sisters, who always make me 'howl'. in the words of one brother-in-law (craigeroy): "You know when something's funny in the clark household--it's the only time the house is absolutely quiet. The girls are laughing so hard."
{my four sisters & me in 2000}


{my niece & nephew a few years ago in the Okanagan laughing their heads off}

{the 5 sisters at the 'girls night out' before Christina's wedding (middle)}

{& here's me laughing my heart out}
Stay happy!
xo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment