Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 18 July 2013

{quotable thursdays}

Motivation.
{determination}
I'm somehow caught in a bureaucratic nightmare in everything I do these days. I think that's just the feeling of moving for the umpteenth time in my life. Every time you move, especially moving countries, there are so many hoops to jump through to do anything: a flat, a bank account, water, gas, electricity, phone...not to mention all that you need to do when you start a new job...and end an old one. The latest thing is trying to get a gp to look at my knee. 
so, sorry for the complaining, but I've tried 6 times--some walk-in clinics, then tried to register at a GP, and then when I finally thought it was being processed, there was an error on the form, which then needed sorting (but no one called to tell me), so I'm still stuck with a loose bit of cartilage protruding out of my knee which won't let me bend it (an unlucky thing in London when there are mountains of stairs any time you try to take the tube)...
Anyway, I CAN & I WILL! eventually things will fall into place...and I am loving life here so it really does feel like it's all worth it. sometimes it's just tiring.
Because I've lived here before & have spent loads of time since, things are easier--for instance, I've got all my library cards, my oyster card etc... so I should keep looking on the positive side AND most importantly, the thing that makes it all worth it? I'M LIVING IN LONDON--the city I've always wanted to move back to. 
{beautiful city! views from Fenton House, where we were this past weekend}
London Print
{love london}


On another happy note, we've been having a heatwave here & it finally feels like SUMMER! yay!
I had a fantastic time with my cousins over the weekend, and will post photos soon of our dinner al fresco in my back garden, but here's a preview: 
{al fresco dining}
bisous to all of you, 
L

2 comments:

  1. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.”
    ― Leonardo da Vinci

    ReplyDelete