Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Sunday 21 July 2013

{a weekend visit}

Last weekend my cousins came to stay. We had a great time & I was so happy to receive my first overnight guests. I gave them my room (and I slept on the pull-out sofa in the lounge, which was very comfortable).

{fresh rose from the garden at the bedside}


{on the bed were towels & two note cards, detailing the itinerary}


{a welcome note}
{itinerary for the next day}

{welcome sign on the door}

{I put up lanterns and bunting awaiting their arrival for dinner}



{the menu}



{monsieur's place (notice the napkin ring--a vintage find from a few years ago}
{the garden setting}









{the guests are here!}
{course #1 (GnTs)}

{candle-lit}



The weather was superb, allowing us to stay out until 1130pm and then we had breakfast outside the next morning.


The next day, we followed the itinerary, walking through Alexandra Palace, Muswell Hill, Crouch End & then on to Hampstead Heath for a picnic and then on to the National Trust property Fenton House. A very long trek across London, but just the kind of thing my cousins love!



{picnic}

{amazing views of London from Fenton House--notice the new Shard!}


{Fenton House--a little oasis in Hampstead}


{could this garden be any more English?}


{a necessary stop off at the Holly Bush for bitter shandies!}

I've been, every weekend, picking up lovely little antique finds here & there...I will try to post some pics of those very soon. and then...a week today, I'm off to Greece!
bisous, 
L

No comments:

Post a Comment