Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 6 November 2014

{quotable thursdays}

{home & comfort}
What better person to give us a quote on home & comfort, than Jane Austen? Her books, wherever I'm reading them, bring me comfort and conjure memories of tucking into one of her great reads, cozy & curled up on a comfortable sofa or chair.
but 'home' has been on the forefront of my mind because (drum roll)...I've started looking at buying a house! It will be my first owned property, and it's all very exciting. I'm just starting the process, so it'll likely be a while until I move. But as an art historian, it's *pretty* amazing to think that I could buy a lovely historic property--Victorian terrace, or *even* even a 17th-century cottage! Now my budget is pretty low, so London is out of the question for the kind of property I'd like, but even still, it's wonderful to think of me & Simla the Siamese cat settled into a lovely property filled with character charm!

Some places I've been looking at are all renovated already, others would need some work, or as my parents say, they need to be 'clarkified'... But as a daughter of 2 renovators extraordinaire, I can see the potential through 80s wallpaper, bad carpet & hideous decor.
here are some images that are inspiring me at the moment:

{gorgeous inglenook & exposed beams--replace dog & shag rug with Siamese cat & Persian rug!}

{old rustic world charm}
{Victorian charm!}
{very rustic!}
can't wait to blog about the final purchase (when it comes) and the renos/decorating that will ensue!
This weekend I'm going to the Savoy for a black tie charity event--will try to take pics if I can!
I still have some catch up blogging to do, including my cousin's wedding in Germany. so more soon, I hope!
xo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment