Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Sunday 23 November 2014

{cousins' birthday weekend}

Last weekend I celebrated my birthday with my cousins...It was absolutely fantastic. I haven't felt so spoiled since I was a kid!
{my welcome sign!}

On the Friday night a great feast was prepared and on Saturday we walked between two gorgeous villages--Great Bardfield to Finchingfield.
{lovely cottages in Great Bardfield}


 & a walk through lovely fields and forest to, Finchingfield:
{the green at Finchingfield}





{stopped for Cream Tea at Bosworths Tearooms}
Home to my cousins' for a big birthday bash:



{fancy dress masks!}



 At dinner we recited this poem my Dad composed for me:

Friday the thirteenth
Auspicious day
That launched our scholar
On her way.

Today we toast
With joy anew
Leaps, Tinz or Dr. Clark
“Now here’s to you!”

Across the oceans
You have sailed
From many a port
You now have hailed.

Of the Coca Cola Club
You were the founder
Making sense of dollars
All the sounder.

“Three cheers”, we cry
“We wish at length,
“That on you move
“From strength to strength.”

“May the next year
“Be as full and free
“And all we wish

“Your life to be!”

{Happy Birthday to me!}


{I love these balloons with lights inside them!}
 A walk on Sunday brought us to this cute little church:







{beautiful autumn colours & mist!}
xo, 
L

No comments:

Post a Comment