Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Friday 28 November 2014

{a night with the cast of Downton Abbey!}


{my friend Mel, me & Carson & Lady Edith!!}

I never thought I'd label a blog post with this title, but it's true!
On Tuesday night I met some of the cast of Downton Abbey, at a charity event, for Tomorrow's People.
I'm sorry I missed quotable thursdays yesterday, but in light of that, I'm making up for it with a quote from Carson:
{indeed, Carson!}
I'm happy to say that I made eye contact with Branson a few times throughout the evening, brushed shoulders with Julian Fellowes, and chatted with Carson & Lady Edith!
The evening began with songs sung by the Salvation Army Choir, followed by festive  seasonal readings with members of the cast of Downton Abbey: Penelope Wilton (Isobel Crawley), Laura Carmichael (Lady Edith), Jim Carter (Carson), Allen Leech (Tom Branson) and Julian Fellowes (series writer).
Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera, so had to do with fuzzy pics on my phone:

{Julian Fellowes}

{Branson read some James Joyce}

{Lady Edith}
The cast then were available for a Q&A:



The Countess of Wessex was also in attendance and selected the tickets for the raffle (which I unfortunately didn't win!)
{picture not mine, from Hello Magazine}



We drank wine, mingled with the other guests, and hung out with Carson & Lady Edith!
{I love this photo--it looks like I'm telling the paparazzi to get lost!}


For more pictures & details, you can check out Hello Magazine. Also, more photos here.
You might remember, I visited Highclere Castle a few years ago (blog here): It now seems my Downton experience is complete--unless I'm proposed to by Lord Gillingham!


What fun!!!
Certainly a night I won't forget, and probably not one to be replicated again!
Best wishes,
Lady Leah 

No comments:

Post a Comment