Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 15 August 2013

{quotable thursdays/new wellies/walking}

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.

Henry David Thoreau

I bought some new wellies the other day...it's a sign that summer will soon be gone and the autumn season will be here...






 I chose these quotes because, walking is a metaphor for so many things. In the literal sense, I love my walks in the English countryside. It allows me to leave my worries back in the city and to think about things in a fresh way. But the quote by Thoreau, also reminds me that our minds do loads of walking, and as I sit here trying to write another conference paper and my brain is swimming with ideas & unformed sentences and conclusions, I need to think about them as deep mental thoughts. I need to also remind myself that there are only so many things in a day that we can get done...and that what we think, in the end, determines what we are. Negative thoughts make us negative, positive thoughts bring us to more rewarding and fulfilling lives...
and another quote I couldn't pass up from Leonardo:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

it's true...once travel/flight is in your blood it never leaves. If you follow my blog, you'll know I fly often! I can't keep still and for me, this is what life is all about. Stretch your wings and aim for the skies!

{but if grounded...make sure to do lots of walking!}




now...these boots are made for walking, so stay tuned for posts on walking the English countryside soon.
xoxo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment