Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 7 August 2014

{quotable thursdays}

{saudade}
I just returned on Monday from a fantastic trip to Portugal...more on that later, but I am missing the beautiful country...so today's quote is actually new vocabulary. A word that only exists in Portuguese and is impossible to translate into English:

{saudade}
I have left Portugal behind... & I miss it...but hopefully I'll return soon!
On another note, I'm off to the Peak District this weekend to visit Darcy country. Indeed, we are visiting Chatsworth, the manor house that Pemberley was likely based on in Derbyshire, and the house which was Pemberley in the 2005 version of Pride & Prejudice! 
I'll be keeping a lookout for Mr Darcy emerging from the pond--never fear;)
xo, 
L

No comments:

Post a Comment