Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Tuesday 19 August 2014

{Mr Darcy country--Derbyshire and the Peak District Part II}


In my previous blog, I discussed travelling to Lyme Park and exploring Mr Darcy country...
But I didn't finish!
We also went for a lovely walk in the Dovedale Hills--with striking views of the Peak District and also visited Chatsworth.
I wish we had had more time, because the Peak District is simply stunning...
You'll probably recall this iconic scene from the 2005 version of P&P with Keira:
{what are men to rocks & mountains?}

{Dovedale}

{this is England!}



{mehhh}





Chatsworth was also stunning--the house that Austen based 'Pemberley' on and also the house where the 2005 version was filmed. To be honest, it was a bit too over the top for me--a bit too Baroque. I think I prefer a little more restrain when it comes to decorating, but then I wouldn't say no to Mr Darcy! Chatsworth is still the residence of the Duke & Duchess of Devonshire, but I didn't have any sightings of these modern day Darcys!
{beautiful Chatsworth!}

{Melissa peruses the artwork!}


{in the main hall}
{the great hall}





{fantastic interiors}


{playing Mrs Darcy!}


My favourite bit was the sculpture court, I think: 
 


{sculpture court}





{romance!}




cheerio,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment