Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Wednesday 6 August 2014

{dark chocolate tart recipe}

I'm not a big fan of dessert, but I like really dark chocolate... The other weekend we celebrated my cousin Charley's belated birthday so I decided to make a dark chocolate tart.
I followed this recipe from the Dough Puncher, which in pics looks like this:
{dough puncher chocolate tart}
I couldn't get graham crackers in the Uk (well I ordered them-a whole box was going to cost me 6 quid-gulp, but then they were out anyway). So instead, I just used some butter tea biscuits. They were good, but I should've used an extra one or 2 as there wasn't enough of them to mix with the butter... I also used Lyle's golden syrup for the glaze--this also seemed to be a little stingy--not enough to really go around on the tart...
but all in all, if I must say, it was delicious! It's really rich though so you don't need very big pieces per person. I also added rock salt on top, which added a nice dimension to it.

{mixing the chocolate}

{I love my pink mixer!}
& voilà...I stencilled 'choo' with a top hat, moustache & bow tie on top:

& then we ate hearty!
xo
L

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete