Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Sunday 8 July 2012

{European Sojourn}

Marcus Design: {my 30th birthday ...}
{via marcus design}
I'm counting down the days until my European sojourn this summer! This time next week I'll be in Germany. I've spent the past couple of months working hard, writing like crazy & getting some conference papers, book chapters, & articles written...& now I'm ready for a bit of a break (or at least a change of scene), including some work & some play. Last summer I spent in Florence, Naples & London (check out the blogs from June July & 1 & 2 posts from August 2011 & a couple more posts on London & Naples). This summer I've got some exciting destinations ahead...
I bought a new camera, & am ready to get clicking:

take a pic
{via brunch at saks}

What's the plan?
First stop: Nuremberg! The home of the early printing press, Dürer, Bavarian beer, & other great things. I will be there presenting at the international Art History conference, CIHA, but I hope to see some of the city as well. It's a week-long conference, but luckily, they've scheduled a day tour on Wednesday (I'm not a big tour person, but with all art historians, it's sure to be pretty fantastic).

File:Nuremberg chronicles - Nuremberga.png
{Nuremberg Chronicle, 1492, via wikipedia}
Next: a weekend tour of Prague, also organised by CIHA. Once again, not keen on organised tours, but they're giving us a special tour of the collections in the National Gallery & the castle, so it should be pretty fun!
Prague Prague Prague
{Prague, via my life is brilliant}
Then back to London:
England!!
{via tumblr}
While visiting my cousins near London,  we are planning some great day trips, to fantastic places like Highclere castle (where Downton Abbey is filmed!! You can see a video of them filming in progress here; for more on the architecture and interior details, check out this blog on it). If you check under job vacancies they're apparently looking for an Assistant Butler. seriously! interested?:

{these two photos via downtown abbey pics}

Tinza’s Tiddley-Bits: {Downton Abbey}
{gorgeous background for gorgeous dresses, cntraveler}




{In the nineteenth century Charles Barry (of London's Houses of Parliament fame) made some adjustments to the mansion: Charles Barry's sketch for a tower for Highclere Castle, 1842}
Mid-way through my time in the UK, I'm taking the train up to Leeds:
gorgeous!!
{via Terrier & Lobster}
From Leeds, me & my two girlfriends will be taking a mini-break in a lovely cottage in County Durham (blogged about cottage inspiration here). We're going to be doing some yummy cooking, drinking tea & champers, going for country walks & enjoying country life! Thinking about country living instantly brought to mind the Dashwoods in Sense & Sensibility:
{Sense & Sensibility, from design*sponge}
 


{and I won't object if a handsome man rescues me from the rain, either!!  Luckily there's a wonderful clawfoot tub, so we won't have to wash our hair in a basin, like the Miss Dashwoods above! all photos above from design*sponge}

#afternoontea with #lanson champagne? @Wimbledon? Go on then... - @easylivingmag #webstagram
{cheers! via easy living webstagram}

Then it'll be back down to London for a bit, enjoying more lovely blighty things...
london
{Liberty London}
English style
{English style! from the glitterguide}
complete with more merry England adventures with my great cousins, Choo & Liz...

{me & Arundel Castle, 2009}

& then...M A L L O R C A! I'm spending a week in a rented house in Santanyi for a lovely wedding. I'm so excited.
The house is in the centre:


Santanyi house rental
& looks like this:

Santanyi house rental
& is close to this wonderful beach:
Santanyi house rental
The week will be full of wine tours, boat trips to nearby islands, rides around Mallorca, & ending with a fabulous wedding!
Spanish wedding
{from style me pretty}
bug 
classic
{these two images from signe}


The Terrier and Lobster: "Accidental Tourist": Linda Vojtova in Venice by Anette Aurel for Elle US
{via Terrier & Lobster}

amalfi coast
{via coco +kelley}


#travelcolorfully airplane
{via We heart Vintage}
yay! can you tell I'm so super excited??!!
bring on the travels!! Be sure to stay tuned for blog posts from various locations, & with even better pics now that I have a fabulous camera!
xo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment