Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Sunday 4 March 2012

{california dreamin'}

Last week I was in LA for CAA. While I was there for work, I managed to enjoy a bit of LA. We stayed in a funky hotel (the hotel figueroa) where the poolside bar turned into quite the place to 'be' in the evenings....
{Hotel Figueroa}
{hotel lobby}



{view from our hotel room}

{the poolside in the evening}


{poolside by day}


{poolside by night}


I went to a Courtauld alumni event--a tour of the LA Library. It's a fantastic building with wonderful Art deco decoration.

{gorgeous ceilings}





My friend & I ventured to Santa Monica and enjoyed a lovely lunch...and a walk on the beach: 
{gorgeous lunch at The Georgian}



{ahhhhhhhhhhhhh sun!!}

{santa monica}








{Venice Beach}



{Venice Beach}
Another day we ventured into Hollywood, right before the Oscars. This meant we got to walk along the red carpet, pre-Oscars!



{Red carpet, Kodak Theatre, LA (note plastic on red carpet!)}

{an oscar covered, ready for the big day}


{starstruck}



That's all from LA...
xo
L




2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great trip! Love your sunset shots :)

    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! yes, it was lovely--but too short. Now I'm stuck back in the -20C weather:(

      Delete