Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Wednesday 30 March 2011

{spring inspirations}

I'm all about spring. Even though there is still snow on the ground and the temperatures are still below freezing, the fact is, I need inspirations to remind me that spring is truly around the corner.
These robin-egg shades of blue remind me that Easter is on its way and those true harbingers of spring--eggs & birdie tweets--are close at hand:

{from decor8 via tazzinablu}
 This decor also seems to me to speak 'spring'--light, peaceful colours, with shots of yellow for brightness:

{from kootutmurut}
 These touches of bulbs, flowers, & flowering plants from fraeulein-klein and featured on decor8 really do evoke spring:





and I love love love blossoms. Growing up on Vancouver Island, you can't have spring without cherry blossoms: 
These photos below by Julia Dávila were recently featured on decor8 as well. Julia's site is fantastic--you ought to check it out. How lovely are these images to remind you of the glories of spring...and what follows spring, but summer vacations & travels?:


{photos by Julia Dávila featured on Decor8}
 There's something springy about these Violet May prints:
{prints from Violet May, which you can purchase on Etsy}
These lovely book covers by Coralie Bickford recently featured on design*sponge also scream 'spring':


{How I wish I had chosen this title for my PhD dissertation. But Mr. Lamb, shouldn't you have chosen another tasty beast to roast, considering your name?}
 With spring, comes bike-riding. To inspire, some images of bikes & cute outfits to go with:

{from design*sponge}

{above & below photos from littleredhead}

{from simplesong}

{from fairytalewishes&dreams

For some great fashionable outfits on bikes (off the street), check out shining trends, below is one of my favourites:


1 comment: