Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Sunday 13 March 2011

{cake stands}

So I am procrastinating again. Rather than writing an academic paper, I'm blogging. But I came across these cake stands from sweet & saucy supply on design*sponge a few days ago, and they rekindled my love for fancy, tea-party, accoutrements:
I have always been fascinated with cake stands, and I suggest that you use them for more than just cakes. I have what I call my 'little red book.' My little red book is where I keep notes & sketches on things that I love & that inspire me, and I've had it ever since I was in my early 20s. I just came across this page, which I did sometime in the early 2000s. Here I came up with the idea of using cake stands for jewellery (bottom left):

Here's a great mix of yummy treats & gorgeous jewellery on a cake stand from the dailymail:
 Here's an example of one featured on Etsy:


If you are in the mood for some spring styles inspired by cakes & confections, you should check out pretty.little.world's post here. Now let's just hope spring is truly on its way!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!

    Cake Stands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear viji,
    I'm glad you like my blog! I think you can subscribe by clicking on the link below comments, which says 'subscribe by email.' let me know if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting and useful information that you have provided here on your page.So great to find this page.

    cake stand & tableware

    ReplyDelete