Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Saturday 21 March 2020

{tinza's tiny good things}


so, hello! I know it's been a long time since I blogged. But I've been thinking about compiling 365 days of tiny good things for a while, and with the current coronavirus crisis, I thought it would be a better time than any to fill the world with tiny good things that make life just that little brighter. 

For those of you who know me, you'll know that on the whole I'm a positive person...& I love the tiny little things in life that make life just feel special. For me, grand gestures can be romantic and amazing, but they aren't really real life: life is actually about the small little things. My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in July 2019 and I think the key to their marriage is the fact that they have tea together every morning-2 cups to be precise: it gives them time to talk, to sit in silence in the early morning slumber, & it's this tiny ritual that keeps their marriage going strong. 

I live alone. I'm happily single (yes, I can tell you that very frequently people ask me why I am, or am I looking for someone, or 'don't worry the right person will come along'). I can honestly say I absolutely love my own company; I absolutely love owning my own home paid for with my own money, not having to make any compromises. But that's not what this is about. What it is about is enjoying everyday and making it special, whether that's just for you, your family, your partner, your parents, your friends. It's celebrating life. What I have learned is that for me, every day I try to find something beautiful in the world around me & it makes me happy. Most days I work from home; most days I spend in my own company (with a Siamese cat, Simla)... and in this current strange world we are living in, when most people are stuck inside their homes, I think now is the time to try to post something everyday that will encourage you to find the beauty in your life & in your home.

So, starting tomorrow it begins, my 365 days of tinza's tiny good things. I will try to post everyday, but with a very busy working life (yes, I'm still going at the moment) that won't be likely, but I'll try to be as regular as I can.
Feel free to share, but more importantly do try these out. They'll make you a whole lot happier.

xo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment