Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Wednesday 18 July 2018

{Blenheim Palace Garden Party}


Is there anything so glorious as a sunny English summer? Combine that with an old fashioned garden party at Blenheim Palace with fabulous company & you've got the recipe for a perfect evening (and weekend in the end).
Last Saturday I had the Great British Garden Party at Blenheim Palace booked but realised it was going to be a really long journey home late at night, so I decided to treat myself to an overnight stay in an old coaching inn, in Woodstock, which was the best decision.
 I spent Saturday afternoon perusing the lovely shops and enjoying a pint in a beer garden, before walking the 4 minutes to Blenheim's gates!

{charming Cotswold village!}



{my coaching inn} 

& then the gloriousness that is Blenheim Palace:



The interiors are just as striking, with this lovely library (although I couldn't imagine actually living in a place like this (birthplace of Winston Churchill)) :



{stunning ceiling!}
& then back out to the grounds to enjoy all the entertainment, from live music to cricket matches to croquet to Pimms to fabulous gardens!


{all dressed up with somewhere to go!}



{cheers!}





& then it finished with fireworks playing to all the Proms favourites, including Jerusalem!


{sound on!}
Now that things are starting to slow down with teaching, I'm hoping I'll have some more time to catch up on blogging, life, and other things!
x
L

No comments:

Post a Comment