Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 24 November 2016

{quotable thursday-ciao d'Italia}

Hello blog land! That's right! I'm back in Italy!!
I arrived last night in Ferrara. So a quote from the 19th century from William Hazlitt's Notes of a Journey through France and Italy (1826):
You are in a dream, in the heart of a romance; you enjoy the most perfect solitude, that of a city which was once filled with the 'busy hum of men', and of which the tremulous fragments at every step strike the sense, and call up reflection. In short, nothing is to be seen as a Ferarra but the remains, graceful and romantic of what it was.

I'm here for a conference & today we were in this glorious room in a Renaissance palace (Palazzo Tassoni). Well blogger doesn't  seem to be working for me at all on my iPhone. I can't upload any images and it keeps reloading and causing problems. For pics see my Instagram
 So I will say ciao for now L 

No comments:

Post a Comment