Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Thursday 12 May 2016

{quotable thursdays}

Hello blogland!
Thursday already again?!
Hope you all enjoyed last weekend's balmy weather. How lovely it was!
I went on a fantastic walk in the countryside...& also enjoyed some time in the garden, where my kitty did some exploring...& enjoyed a bbq:


{stunning Bedfordshire}


{brunch al fresco!}

{simla exploring}


{lamb bbq!}



This week I've been working super hard on a whole pile of different things...my desk looks like a mess but I'm checking things off my to-do list, which feels fantastic.
So today's quote is dedicated to working hard:


{work hard}
In academia, we often work in isolation, in silence... by ourselves, which I think is part of the reason that when we get together, academics can often be rude and often feel the need to shout their own praises--loud and clear to everyone else in the room! It's also probably because life in academia is very competitive...but that shouldn't be the way. We can encourage one another and be generous with our time....and compliments! That doesn't mean we shouldn't be shy about our own accomplishments, when they do come our way, but we just need to be graceful, gracious, and grateful.
xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment