Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Sunday 24 January 2016

{bookshelves}



If you read my blog regularly, you'll know I'm obsessed with books and bookshelves. In a dream world I'd have a library in my house, but in my small little Victorian ex-worker's cottage called Chota House there isn't much room for a whole library. However, after getting inspiration from a lot of magazines and images on pinterest (boards 'on books and things' and 'fireplaces'), my father designed and executed some lovely built-ins for my living room.
With the floors done, this room is almost complete (just waiting for some picture rails) (...& eventually new curtains)!



The previous owners had used brown carpet everywhere, and filled the space with a lot of furniture, without creating any form of flow. I've tried to create a cozy space around the fireplace, with built-in bookshelves, a sofa, and a lovely French chair. It's the perfect place to curl up and read on cold winter's night!
{before (former owner's arrangement) & after!}



{BEFORE (former owners' arrangement)}

{AFTER!}



{after!}

& just a few pics of the work in progress to underline how much work it indeed did take!
{initial carpet removal}

{prepping the floors}


{work in progress!}
{cabinets going in}


but now...it finally feels like home!:
 

stay tuned for more renos!
xo
L

No comments:

Post a Comment