Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Friday 9 October 2015

{Stowe}


A couple of weekends ago I had my cousins over for my cousin Charley's birthday. We visited Stowe--an amazing landscaped garden which is now a National Trust property. It's a fantastic example of an 18th-century garden (and by garden I mean 250 acres!), where the visitor feels like they are on a fantastic journey walking from beautiful structure to beautiful structure that dot the landscape. Everywhere you look the vistas are designed so that you see another fantastic folly on the horizon...leading you on!
It's an extremely famous landscape garden featuring the work of the most talented architects and garden designers of the time, including Capability Brown. Indeed, we have a large chunk of a chapter dedicated to it in our second level module at the OU.
The pictures capture it best, and so I'll turn to those!
{Stowe}










{the house!}


{in the church on the grounds}













...& finally our birthday celebrations (complete with a wig for my cousin!)

{the cake I made! recipe here}
xo,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment