Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Sunday 17 May 2015

{à Paris}

Hello readers,
I realise that I completely forgot to blog about my fabulous trip to Paris last month. It was fantastic. A great girly time spent with a dear friend....we walked a lot, talked a lot, ate a lot, drank a lot, and laughed a lot... Parfait!
{lunch on the Eurostar}
{first breakfast}



{Les Gobelins}

{typical Paris street scene}

{Pantheéon}

{Ruth at Jardins du Luxembourg}


{live jazz dans la rue}

{Seine}

{one of our many stops for wine}





{I love how the cafes just spread out all over the place}



{Moulin Rouge}

{views from Sacré-Coeur}


{some very large beer glasses--you can tell, both Ruth & I are super happy about that!}


{Louvre}


{Nike of Samothrace}




{Louvre selfie}
so you can see we had fun!
We ate at some fantastic restaurants. I'd recommend two especially.
d'Alivi: 10 years ago, my best friend Katie & I stumbled on this restaurant when we were visiting Paris from London when we were both MA students at the Courtauld. We had taken a weekend off from our MA thesis writing, and years later we still can't stop talking about this Corsican restaurant. It's delicious. Anyway, Ruth ended up taking me here and I recognised it immediately. 
Chez Gladines: A fantastic Basque restaurant--there are a few, but we ate at the one on Rue des Cinqs Diamants. It's super good and really cheap. Be prepared for a long queue though, & the chance that you might be sat next to two old men in their 60s or 70s who might hit on you...but sooooo worth the wait & the unwanted attention.

xo, 
L

No comments:

Post a Comment