Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Friday 8 April 2011

{Happy Birthday dear Sis}

{Julia & my Mum (Ju looks like her daughter Paulina here)}
Today is my sister, Julia Smith's 40th birthday! I normally wouldn't declare her age, but she has just written an excellent blog on being 40 (& fabulous I might add). We are the bread in the sandwich of 5 girls. Ok, weird metaphor, but she is the eldest & I am the youngest of five girls. Perhaps a better metaphor would be book ends.

{available on Etsy}

{the clark girls in the 80s}

{sailing into Brisbane aboard Pacific Swift for Expo 1988 as ambassadors for Canada}

{Clark girls in the '90s}


{my family aboard Pacific Swift}
 Kind, heartfelt, funny, beautiful, smart, & loving, are only a few words to describe my eldest sis. One thing I love most about Julia is her openness. She is always happy to invite anyone & everyone into her home. She is kind to all creatures, great & small, and she has a personality that makes you want to smile when you are with her. As she is 10 years older than me, we have been, at times, at very different stages in life, but I would say that we grew incredibly close in the last 10 years and we have shared so many wonderful moments together (& not-so-wonderful moments--the trials & tribulations of life). I can't express how fortunate I am to have had her as a companion during all of life's ups & downs, and I'm even happier knowing that she will be with me through whatever life throws my way.
In our family, the thing we like most to do as sisters is to sit around drinking tea, (or vino) and solve all of life's problems. Unfortunately I am in NY state, Ju is in Vancouver, and the rest of my sisters are littered across the world in Mexico, Ecuador, and Toronto. If I could, I'd get all the sisters together & we could chat over chai & celebrate you, with a delectable spread like this one:
1950s style dining room
love you to bits Ju & so proud of who you are--a wonderful mummy, wife, daughter, sister, and friend...and interior designer extraordinaire!
xoxoo
{me & ju last spring before an exclusive SATCII party}


No comments:

Post a Comment