Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Monday 21 February 2011

{NYC-CAA}

I'm a bit behind on my blogs...I've been away every week for the past few weeks. Hotels are beginning to feel like home.
1.5 weeks ago I was in NYC for the annual meeting of Art Historians at CAA. I was mostly busy with Art History stuff, but I did manage to escape & explore the city briefly one Saturday morning.
I stayed in Midtown this time-- a few blocks from Times Square, as CAA was being held at the Hilton on the Avenue of the Americas.
Some views from my hotel on 8th & 52nd:

{just love the funky water towers in NYC}


I was also right around the corner from all the shows on Broadway.

Friday night I was able to sneak out & grab a drink with my friend Crystal & her boyfriend, and we had some yummy prosecco at a spot nearby. Saturday morning I had one lovely breakfast with my friend Joan--stylish, super smart & lovely Joan. She treated me to breakfast at the Meridien, which is seriously an amazing breakfast experience.
I spotted some lovely buildings on my walk to the Meridien:


From there I walked to Fifth Avenue & admired the shops & the window dressings:

{Breakfast at Tiffany's?}


{Valentine's display at Tiffany's}



{The Crown Building. Love this detail below of this little old lady passing Playboy Enterprises}



{love these window displays at LV}



{Bergdorf Goodman}


{can't remember what store this was, but love this display!! think pink!}
 It was extremely chilly & windy but I enjoyed my walk past Central Park and on to the Met.

   

2 comments: