Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Wednesday 19 June 2013

{Basildon Park and more}

Well I'm finally in my flat! It's taking me a while to get settled considering I've got lots on with work...but I'm super happy.
My last weekend at my cousins we went to some lovely estate homes.
We started the weekend of at Greys Court, a lovely 16th-century mansion that was lived in until the 20th century, with amazing gardens:





From there we went to lovely Basildon Park, the site of the newest adaptation of Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley. You'll recognise it from the Netherfield balls (I couldn't help saying repeatedly "Netherfield has been let at last!"):
{such a grand façade}
and from the film:
{glamorous!}
{a little less pomp!}

{standing here I wished I had my four sisters to accompany me, like in P&P, below}

{5 Bennet sisters}
The grounds were stunning as well:




We then went to Henley on Thames and strolled along the river: 



The weekend finished with pimm's and a round of croquet with the Weatherups: 




Pics from my flat soon, 
xo
L



2 comments:

  1. Great pics - I suggest Basildon Park as the site of a future sisters' reunion.

    xx Ju oo

    ReplyDelete