Tiddley-Bits tea

Tiddley-Bits tea

Monday 11 May 2020

{tinza's tiny good things #11}



Today marks 55 days since I last saw a friend or family member. I'll never forget that day: I drove frantically to Heathrow to get my parents on a flight back to Canada before borders shut...
This weekend I went on a much-needed long walk and as I looked out across the fields, I drew in a deep breath and felt at peace with the world around me and I was reminded of this Laura Ingalls Wilder quote.
In some ways time has flown since lockdown began and although life in grocery stores has changed and there's no commute to work or visits with friends, work life continues & other things are rather normal. Many will say there are benefits to this slower-paced life and the planet is thankful. As lockdown starts to lift slowly (and please do take it slowly and ignore the confusing advice we're currently getting), I want to hold on to the good things this crisis has taught us.
Today's #tinygoodthings is to just stop and reflect on the small things & cherish those, but I'd also urge you to pick up the phone, send an email or a text, or write a letter to someone who you haven't heard from in a while. It might just be that tiny little gesture they need.
x
L

No comments:

Post a Comment